My experience led me to understand that the pursuit of happiness is something that, apart from unexpected drama, comes from your inner self. The way you can balance good and bad moments of life will guide you to some kind of fulfillment. In order to reach that state, let me give you my seven keys to a happy life.
- Have a dream!
- Go away from toxic people !
- Believe in your inner feelings !
- Practice the art of « creative paradox » !
- Look for lazy times and…Carpe Diem !
- Go after responsibilities, not after power or money !
- Know your values and live in accordance with them !
- Have a dream! A dream so strong for you that you naturally will do everything you can to reach it. This dream should be strong but not necessarily big. It may seem unreachable for others but you know that « you » can do it. When I was 18 year-old, my dream was to live some day in the USA. I had this in mind and I knew I would do it. There was no doubt in my mind. There was a vision and whatever the way, I would do it. Go back to your childhood and you will find back your dreams !
- Go away from toxic people! This is something we learn with time. So, my young friends, beware of people who are poisonous. There are always some of them around. They sometimes want to make friends with you but they’re jealous and envious. They get you in trouble and want to take advantage of you. You don’t see it at first. But your real friends or parents soon feel it. You generally deny the fact. But as soon as you have doubts, put them aside as quickly as you can
- Believe in your inner feelings ! We always think that our reason should dominate our emotions. We were taught that at school, at home, everywhere. Although we think that reason is the base of what we call « rational decisions », it’s actually the base of « rational analysis ». Decision is human, not rational. We are not robots. Let our feelings play a major role. Our feelings are our true self !
- Practice the art of « creative paradox » ! Life is made of trade offs. Faced with a number of decisions, in business or life, we always balance between various desirable but incompatible solutions. We tend to be dichotomic : it’s either black or white, good or bad, nice or nasty… The world is now too complex to think that way. and we can be lost in dead end situations with all the stress that goes with it. So, be creative, look for the « and » instead of the « or ». Accept and practice the black and white, the good and bad, the nice and nasty.
- Look for lazy times and…Carpe Diem ! Being overcharged makes you feel good but it’s an addiction and addiction is always dangerous and leads to burnout or depression. Besides that, never stopping work, family or social activities makes you loose your abilty to have a sound judgement on facts. It cuts your mind from creativity and emotional intelligence. So, have your own regular lazy moments. It does not need to be long but it has to be regular. And be good to yourself ! Carpe Diem is a latin aphorism meaning « Pick up each day as a ripe fruit as tomorrow is uncertain».
- Go after responsibilities, not after power or money ! We live on this planet to accomplish some task for the good of mankind. If not, why are we here ? Most of us have the chance to go beyond mere survival issues and do something worth. It can be little things or big things but we should feel responsible. If you have the chance to be cherished by life, take on more responsibilities. But don’t chase power, honors or money. If you do, you will loose your freedom and abandon your responsibilities. You will be unhappy. Soon or later !
- Know your values and live in accordance with them ! it takes some time to know about your values sometimes. When we’re young, we often have some generous values. We believe in what is good, we want to change the f…ing world that our parents or society left us inheritance. Then, with age, we tend to forget these values. We’re more egocentric, too serious, too reasonable. So we loose our power to change the world and we tend to feel frustrated. Well, it’s time to restate your values, select the most important ones in your eyes and check if your life is in accordance. If not, be brave and change your life ! When you’ll be really old, it will be too late to regret it.
Check your current life and see if you have the keys to happiness. If not, find them ! You’re worth it !
Be inspired and Spice Up your life !